Try Netflix for Free!
Google

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Memorial Day inches closer! Could the portal to Narnia be... in your Kitchen?

So, the unofficial start to summer creeps closer and closer.   Evidenced by the male half of the mating pair living behind us, surveying his festering pool and what needs to be done, etc.   All the while barking orders at his kids and foster kids, etc.   But he didn't show the outie!   So we should give thanks!   Maybe I'll get lucky and he won't open it this year because of higher electricity rates.   But then it could be a mosquito haven!   Hmmm.   Outie. Mosquito's.  Bariatric Bettie.   Mosquito's.   I'll take Mosquito's, Jack, for $1 million dollars. LOL   BTW, did I mention that any similarity towards real people is purely coincidental.   Yes, I just did.   So, I was in line at one of those fancy ice cream chain places where they make your stuff for you.   Wife sent me out for some after dinner dessert.   After I ordered and I'm just looking around waiting to get my tub 'o' whatever, I notice a dry erase board in the food prep area.   So I start to read what my old eyes could make out.   Stuff about; being out of sanitizer, what to do instead, etc.   Don't work any overtime, etc.   Then, in bolder color, below that first mumbo jumbo reads:
ALSO:
   We will not refer to the refrigerator as 'Narnia' anymore.
Hilarious!  Ah, the hijinks of part time food service!   It seems years ago, actually it is, that I was working at a fine eating establishment in the Cherry Hill Mall in Cherry Hill, NJ called Mr. Dunderbak's.   Sausages, cheese, beer steins, real germans!   In fact, the gentle visage of Mr. Dunderbak, himself, gazes down upon me in my basement shop, here in Elkton, MD.   Watching me assemble different things from hot dogs 'mit' kraut or Ruebens or Dusseldorfer's.   Ah, the three Hilda's, Mr. T and his son, John, and Carl, will have a fond place in my heart always.   Time to go make portions!   See you later, Kinders!
 
Ads by AdGenta.com
 
 
Powered By Qumana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home